1600 Liter hydrogen and CNG Ground Storage
WireTough's 200 liter ASME, ground storage can be tiered to create a cascade. The hydrogen ground storage cascade holds 4.4 kg per cylinder and the CNG tops out at 20 GGE per cylinder. This cascade system can be scaled to provide only the amount of storage the supplier needs, which can reduce costs even further. Since these cylinders only weigh in at 530 lbs. each, site preparation, transport and assembly costs are greatly reduced. When you compare the cost of a WireTough cylinder array to cost of the same amount of CNG ground storage by conventional spheres or large tubes, the savings are considerable.
WireTough manufactures wire wrapped pressure vessels for a wide variety of storage applications, including:
1. 200L ASME CNG Ground Storage: WireTough's ASME certified 4,500 psi CNG ground storage cylinders can be arrayed in multiple cylinder cascades, to provide as much storage as the supplier needs. Each 200 liter cylinder provides 20 GGE of CNG storage. The lower weight of these cylinders makes system assembly quick and easy. This also greatly reduces site preparation as well as transport costs. The modular WireTough CNG ground storage system, combined with an initial economical price, makes these cylinders the better choice for new or existing private stations that want to add or increase ground storage. Another big advantage that WireTough ASME ground storage cylinders offer is long cycle life.
2. ASME 200 Liter 4,500 psi Hydrogen Ground Storage: WireTough has developed low cost hydrogen storage in 200 liter cylinders with a maximum working pressure of 4,500psi. Each cylinder has a rated capacity of 4.4 kg of hydrogen and they can be arranged in arrays to provide greater capacity. In addition to obtaining ASME certification to manufacture this cylinder, WireTough has met the additional requirements of ASME Section VIII, Division 3, Part MVSS, KD-10, which require a more stringent set of parameters to meet hydrogen storage needs. These cylinders are very durable and offer an extremely long cycle life, as shown in the chart below.
3. NGV and DOT Vehicle Tanks for CNG: WireTough offers a line of DOT, MVS304 and NGV2 approved cylinders for CNG storage on vehicles, as well. Ranging in sizes from 57L to 260L, these cylinders can provide fuel storage for smaller vehicles like forklifts as well as much larger vehicles like eighteen wheeled trucks. WireTough’s DOT and NGV-2 approved CNG vehicle cylinders provide greater volume and lower weight than Type I cylinders. additionally, our products provide longer cycle life at a lower cost than Type III and Type IV alternatives, bringing exceptional strength and value to our customers.
4. ASME 15,000 psi Ground Storage for Hydrogen: In 2014, the Department of Energy awarded WireTough a $2 million grant to develop low-cost hydrogen storage at a maximum working pressure of 15,000 psi (1000 bar). WireTough has successfully developed these cylinders and has obtained ASME approval. These cylinders will will be up to 765 liters in water capacity and will provide 33 kg of hydrogen per unit. The dimensions of these hydrogen cylinders will be 17" dia. x 30' L. (406mm dia. x 9.2m long).
5. Storage of nitrogen, argon, helium, breathing air and other gases: WireTough’s cylinders are also capable of providing storage for a wide range of other gases at pressures from 3,600 psi to 15,000 psi in any cylinder size. Our cylinders are well suited for the storage of non-corrosive gases such as helium, breathing air or nitrogen. WireTough already markets breathing air cylinders for industrial applications.